For E-Library Click Here
In line with the vision and mission of Imo State Polytechnic, which include among other things, to become the best Polytechnic in the West of Africa, providing support by ensuring adequate and conducive environment for quality teaching and learning experience, to raise leaders for the future workforce demands of Imo State and our growing national economy at large, the library has therefore come up with the following strategic plan of action that will form part of the policy of the polytechnic library.
Our mission among other things is to provide all staff and students of the polytechnic with effective and adequate access to the information content of our library in support of research and development, thereby giving the academic community a rich and independent library environment where information available can be transformed into knowledge for sustainable growth.
It is the objective of the present Administration and Management of the Polytechnic library to:
- Provide effective library services in support of practical and sustainable research activities and development of the Polytechnic
- Build up a balanced collection of core literature (textbooks and journals) in all the courses offered in the Polytechnic.
- Help expand and promote existing library collection by building up a rich collection of information resources in all fields of study in the Polytechnic.
- It is our expectation therefore that the library collection will increase from its present level to at least 30,000 volumes in the next 5 years.
Redesign and develop the library website as well as populate it with relevant e-resources that will help supplement the existing physical library collection with a view to:
- Identifying and developing new collections and services for addition to the existing one.
- Sourcing for more relevant information resources and services in support of research and learning.
- Managing effectively, the information resources available in the polytechnic library.
- Seeking more innovative ways to further integrate library resources and services into the core curriculum and instruction programmes of the polytechnic.