The program aims to help students gain a fundamental understanding of agricultural processes and the types of equipment and tools used to grow plants, breed animals and maintain outdoor environments.
The program teaches students the practical and theoretical knowledge in animal production, crop production, soil science technology, pest management and agribusiness management. Etc.
Crop Production and soil Science
Crop Production Technology
Soil Science Technology
Animal Health and Production Technology
Animal Health Technology
Agricultural Management and Extension
ND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
The entry requirement for National Diploma (ND) includes:
Candidates must possess the West African School Certificate or Senior Secondary Certificate or GCE/O’ Level or its equivalent with a minimum of five credits at not more than two sittings in English Language, Biology, Agricultural Science/General Agriculture/Animal Husbandry/Fisheries, Mathematics and any two from the following subjects: Geography, Chemistry, Physics, Economics / Commerce, Technical Drawing, Civic Education, Food & Nutrition/ Home Economics, French Language, Nigerian Language.
At least a Pass in Chemistry is compulsory. HND ENTRY REQIREMENT
The entry requirement for Higher National Diploma (HND) in school of Agriculture:
• Candidates are required to possess a 2.50 cgpa National Diploma in their chosen course from a recognized/accredited Polytechnic or Monotechnic.
• Candidates are also to possess at list five (5) relevant O’ level credits including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sitting in WACE/NECO or NABTEB (O’ level Examinations).
• Candidates are required to have at least one year or two years post National Diploma Industrial Training Experience.
Further Education Career Opportunities
Certificate programs in agricultural technology provide individuals with the hands-on training and educational background necessary to work with agricultural tools and equipment. Those with a sufficient educational background may also choose to enter a scientific or research field as an assistant. Some available positions for graduates might include:
• Farm Manager
• Crop Manager
• Agricultural Machinery Operator
• Fertilizer Application Operator
• Farm Inspector
A graduate in the School of Agricultural Technology can open doors to several careers in the Agricultural industry, depending on a student's chosen concentration in the field. A sample of some opportunities includes:
• Agricultural production supervisor
• Engineering research assistant
• Farm facilities manager
• Farm equipment sales manager
• Produce warehouse supervisor