Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post
of RECTOR of the IMO STATE
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post
of RECTOR of the IMO STATE
research and development grants.
Demonstrate ability to attract and retain highly skilled professional and talented teaching and non-teaching staff.
Demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and possess the ability to build bridges between staff, students and other members of the Polytechnic Community/Stakeholders
Candidate must not be more than sixty(60) years at the time of Application.
For effective education, skills acquisition of students and following the upgrade of the Umuagwo campus of the Imo State Polytechnic to a University status, the Imo State Polytechnic Omuma has been created through the Law passed by the Imo State House of Assembly, Imo State Law No. 11 of Imo State Polytechnic (Amendment) Law 2020, to carry out the vision of the Polytechnic and service delivery with innovations in the training of middle and high level manpower geared toward the technological development of the country. Imo State Polytechnic shall continue to be a multi- campus Institution.
· The Rector is the Chief Executive, Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic. He/She shall be the chief exponent of the educational advancement of the Polytechnic and his/her office shall serve as the nerve center for the coordination of the activities of various organs. He/She is charged with the general responsibility of all matters relating to the day to day management and operation of the Polytechnic.
· He is responsible to the Governing Council for the management of the human, monetary and material resources of the Polytechnic. It is also the duty of the Rector to see that the provisions of the law, statutes, ordinances and the regulations of the Polytechnic are observed, and he/she may exercise such powers as may be necessary for that purpose. The Rector shall therefore, be competent to always advice the Council on any matter affecting the policy, finance and administration of the Polytechnic.
QUALITIES OF THE CANDIDATE
· The candidate must have the ability to lead, motivate and inspire administrative
associations, academic and non-academic staff as well as students and other stakeholders to work towards the advancement of learning and acquisition of skills.
· The Candidate must be a person with initiative and vision to stimulate an accelerated development of the Polytechnic even under financial and challenging constraints.
· The candidate must be a person of impeccable integrity with the ability to command the respect and trust of both staff and students.
· The candidate must possess the drive, initiative and foresight and must understand the intricacies and complexities of the 21st Century higher educational institution.
· The candidate must be of pleasant disposition with sound leadership qualities and must be of good physical and mental health.
· The candidate shall submit a statement of his/her vision/mission for the Polytechnic which should be not more than one thousand words(1000) words.
Qualifications and Experience:The candidate must be distinguished scholar with outstanding academic and administrative records. Specifically, the candidate must possess the following:
· Minimum of Doctorate Degree in any of the taught programs of the Polytechnic or related disciplines coupled with not less than twenty(20) years of cognate experience in tertiary institutions.
· Must be a Chief Lecturer in a Polytechnic and not below the rank of Associate Professor in a recognized University.
· Have advanced knowledge of computer usage and Information Technology packages.
· A proven and demonstrable ability to attract National and International
Mode of Application: All qualified candidates are advised to arrange all application documents (including application cover letters, CV's, and copies of academic and professional certificates, etc) in one document and submit a single PDF file to: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org NOT later than four (4) weeks from the date of this publication. In addition, ten (10) hard copies of applications, CV's and credentials should be sent in one envelope marked with the position applied for, to:
Imo State Polytechnic,
Omuma Imo State.
Interested applicants are required to arrange their Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of certificates and other relevant credentials as follows:
1. Name in full(Surname first) in block letters 2. Date and place of birth
4. State of Origin
5. State of Marriage
6. Local Government of Origin
7. Local Government of Marriage
8. Permanent Home Address
9. Present Contact Address
10. Marital Status
11. Educational Institutions attended with dates and qualifications
obtained including members/fellowship of relevant professional
12. Work experience including full details of former and present duties
13. List of Publications
14. Major Professional achievements, contributions including awards
15. Name and Address of (3) Referees. Each Referee must be contacted to
forward directly to the Registrar; Confidential R e p o r t o n t h e applicant's character, academic and managerial competence in a properly sealed envelope marked “REFEREE/POST OF RECTOR” at the top left corner of the envelope.The application should be submitted in a sealed envelope marked 'APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF RECTOR'. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: All applicants are advised to convert all their documents (including application cover letters, detailed CVs (containing email addresses, telephone numbers and Zoom Ids, among others) and copies of academic and professional certificates, among others) to PDF.All applicants are to save their PDF documents with their Names (first and surname) and position applied for (For example, John Okoro Deputy Registrar). All applicants are to provide valid e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of their referees. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted via their email addresses, telephone numbers, and/or Zoom Ids.
Mrs S. Njemanze Registrar
IMO STATE POLYTECHNIC OMUMA NIGERIA INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
VACANCY FOR THE POST OF RECTOR
All ND & HND Candidates:
Your application for admission into Imo State Polytechnic FOR 2020/2021 ACADEMIC YEAR has been received. To complete the process of your admission, you are required to come to the ADMISSIONS UNIT of the Polytechnic on the 20th (Thursday) of August, 2020 with the following:
- Original computer print-out of your O’ Level result (s)
- Original computer print-out of your RECENT JAMB result
- Original copy of your ND Result (for HND Candidates ONLY) for sighting
- Photo-card (Imo Polytechnic processed form)
- Three (3) photocopies each of items 1,2,3 & 4 above for documentation
- Three (3) passport photographs – EXACTLY THE SAME PASSPORT YOU USED FOR YOUR JAMB EXAMS for JAMB PHOTO-BOOK documentation
NOTE: BE SURE TO UPLOAD YOUR O’LEVEL TO JAMB AND DO CHANGE OF INSTITUTION (IF YOU HAVE NOT PUT US FIRST CHOICE) BEFORE THE SCREENING DATE,
TIME: 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Thank you for choosing Imo State Polytechnic.
IMO STATE POLYTECHNIC UMUAGWO
Acting Rector: Sir J. O. Mbadike P.M.B. 1472, OWERRI, Registrar: Mrs S. Njemanze (B. Arts – UNIBEN) IMO STATE, Telephone: +234(0) - 8107684665, 8097106950 NIGERIA.
Help Desk Email: email@example.com
Our Ref: Date: 21/05/2020
ADMISSION INTO NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND), HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND), EVENING, WEEKEND AND CERTIFICATE COURSES FOR 2020/2021 ACADEMIC SESSION
Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, invites eligible candidates that sat for the just concluded UTME Examination to apply for admission into the following Regular, Evening, Weekend, and Certificate course programmes listed below.
NB: Candidates without JAMB can also apply but are required to follow the procedure outlined in the “Mode of
A. SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE ND HND
1. Agricultural Technology âœ“
2. Animal Production and Health Tech. âœ“ âœ“
3. Animal Health Technology âœ“
4. Animal Production Technology âœ“ âœ“
5. Fishery and Marine Technology âœ“ âœ“
6. Agricultural Extension & Management âœ“
7. Crop Science Technology âœ“
8. Soil Science Technology âœ“
B. SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
1. Accounting Technology âœ“ âœ“ âœ“ âœ“
2. Banking & Finance âœ“ âœ“ âœ“ âœ“
3. Business Administration & Mgt âœ“ âœ“ âœ“ âœ“
4. Cooperative Economics & Mgt âœ“ âœ“ âœ“ âœ“
5. Public Administration âœ“ âœ“ âœ“ âœ“
6. Marketing âœ“ âœ“ âœ“ âœ“
7. Office Technology Management âœ“ âœ“ âœ“ âœ“
8. Mass Communication âœ“
C. SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
1. Agric.- Bio Engineering Technology âœ“ âœ“
2. Chemical Engineering âœ“ âœ“ âœ“
3. Electrical & Electronics Engineering âœ“ âœ“
4. Mechanical Engineering âœ“ âœ“
D. SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL TECH.
1. Building Technology âœ“ âœ“
2. Estate Management & Valuation âœ“ âœ“
3. Environmental Science Tech. âœ“
a) Forestry âœ“ âœ“
b) Horticulture & Landscape Tech. âœ“
c) Urban & Regional Planning âœ“
E. SCHOOL OF SCIENCE
1. Computer Science Technology âœ“ âœ“ âœ“ âœ“
2. Food Science Technology âœ“ âœ“ âœ“
3. Nutrition and Dietetics âœ“ âœ“
4. Hospitality Management âœ“
5. Statistics âœ“ âœ“
6. Science Laboratory Technology âœ“ âœ“ âœ“
a) Biology/Microbiology âœ“
b) Chemistry/Biochemistry âœ“
c) Physics/Electronics âœ“
F. CERTIFICATE COURSES DURATION
1. Fishery & Marine Technology 6 months
2. Poultry Production 3 months
3. Poultry Feed Production 6 months
4. Piggery Production 3 months
5. Snail Production 3 months
6. Mushroom Production 3 months
7. Grass Cutter Production 6 months
Entry Requirements into ND Programmes:
i. Must have five (5) CREDIT passes at O/level at a maximum of two sittings as specified in JAMB Brochure
ii. JAMB requirement is a minimum of four (4) relevant subject combinations which must include English
Entry Requirements into HND Programme:
i. Must have ND in Relevant courses
ii. Must have five (5) CREDIT passes at O/level at a maximum of two sittings as specified in JAMB Brochure
iii. A minimum of one (1) year post ND cognate working experience in field of specialization for those with a minimum
of Lower Credit.
iv. JAMB online result printout during the ND level admission
MODE OF APPLICATION
1. Visit https://www.imopoly.edu.ng/
2. On the top navigation just beside the login button, click “Apply Now”
3. Accurately fill the form and click APPLY
4. On the next page (payment invoice page), click Pay Online
5. You will be taken to the payment, enter your card details and click pay
6. Payment is made and you are returned to the website, you will also get an email with your payment and application details
7. Print the application summary page and bring it along when coming for screening/verification
Candidates without JAMB are required to apply through JAMB by paying 3,500.00 only before approaching the Institution for processing of admission. For more information, log on to our helpdesk at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that you provide us with a functional e-mail address as well as your personal
TELEPHONE NUMBER alongside with those of your parents/guardian(s).
Mrs. S. Njemanze
Sir Mbadike John Okechukwu is now the Acting Rector of Imo State Polytechnic Umuagwo. He was appointed Acting Rector of the Polytechnic on the 7th of February 2020 by the Executive Governor of Imo State, Senator Hope Uzodinma.
Sir Mbadike John Okechukwu brings to Imo State Polytechnic an impressive background as a Senior Lecturer, who is very much a respected authority in the Polytechnic.
Apart from now being the Ag. Rector of Imo State Polytechnic, Sir Mbadike John Okechukwu also worked in the following capacity in the Polytechnic: Chairman of ASUP, Chairman Senior Staff Disciplinary Committee, Director of SIWES and many more
Sir Mbadike John Okechukwu is a native of Umuma-Isiaku Ideato South Local Government Area of Imo State.
OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT OF IMO STATE.
CABINET OFFICE, OWERRI
The visitor to Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo and the Governor of Imo State, His Excellency, Rt. Hon Emeka Ihedioha CON, has directed the immediate reopening of Imo State Polytechnic Umuagwo for normal academic activities.
Resultant upon the expiration of the tenure of the Rector who has since proceeded on terminal leave, the most senior academic staff in the Polytechnic Dr. Paddy N. Njoku is hereby appointed the Acting Rector of the Polytechnic effective from today June 10,2019.
The Polytechnic community and all Stakeholders thereof are advised to cooperate and accord him all necessary support.
Uche Onyeagucha Esq.
Secretary to the Government of Imo State.
Jun 10, 2019.
Today, Mrs Nneka Nora Osakwe (PhD) in her visit to Imo State polytechnic Umuagwo clearly stated that the collaboration between The Albany State University and Imo State Polytechnic is aimed at creating outstanding quality Education, adopting academic support and excellence between the two institutions. This includes exchange of staff and students, collaborative academic programmes using online learning, research and many more.
Before then, the Rector Rev Fr. Wence Madu said the opening prayer and welcomed Mrs Nneka Nora Osakwe(PhD) to the institution. Professor Onyeka in his remark highlighted that the use of ICT cannot be over-emphasized in today’s Learning, He went ahead to introduce Mrs Nneka Nora Osakwe before inviting her up to the stage.
This collaboration between these two institutions is also aimed at creating new opportunities for our students with the aid of Edu Technology. International collaborations like this can be considered a major strength for the State Polytechnic.
Significant investment have gone into the campus infrastructure in order to get the State Polytechnic abreast with other academic institutions in other developed countries where online Learning is utilized well. This was well pointed out by the ICT Director Mr. Chukwuma Obinna when he took our visitor on a tour around the Institution’s ICT Facilities.
Harmonious and friendly interaction is the prime ingredient that ensures peaceful coexistence between corporate entities and their host communities. When friendly interaction is sustained both parties can have the indices of growth and development afforded by the intermingling of symbiotic goodwill. But when the relationship is everything but friendly, retardation or total absence of growth and progress becomes the result at hand. Regrettably, longstanding, solidly built friendship can be toppled if oppressive political culture, greed, avarice, and hatred are allowed to infiltrate and pollute the system.
Fortunately, the Management of Imo State Polytechnic and the leadership of the host community have demonstrated a rare charisma in managing the situation that reared its head in the past to continue to maintain the harmonious relationship that has long existed between both parties. And being fully aware of its importance, stakeholders have not let the mantra of peace and harmony depart their lips. It was sung louder and with a rather strident voice at the 36th matriculation ceremony of the Polytechnic on December 4, 2015, when the Traditional Ruler of Umuagwo Autonomous Community, His Royal Highness, Eze Anthony Oguzie reassured the Management of the Polytechnic that Umuagwo, the host community to the Polytechnic is committed to the continuance of the cordial relationship existing between Imo State Polytechnic and Umuagwo community.
The Royal Father who declaimed his word like a chief masquerade stressed that the people of Umuagwo are a peace-loving people.
MATRICULATION, MATRICULATION MATRICULATION Welcome to the 39th Matriculation Ceremony of Imo State Polytechnic Umuagwo which will be holding on the 8th of February 2019 at the Polytechnic Auditorium
Rush now and register for the 2019/2020 jamb in imo state polytechnic.
Creating new opportunities for our youth through Technology, Education and International collaboration can be considered a major strength for the current administration of Imo State Polytechnic. In recent months, there has been significant investment in campus infrastructure in order to put IMOPOLY at par with similar academic institutions in the developed world. The campus facelift is indeed vital as the Polytechnic begins to compete at the International stage.
Today, Dr Rajeev Parikh, Interim Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs and the President of Albany State University in Georgia USA Marion Fedrick, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Rector of Imo State Imo State Polytechnic Umuagwo, Rev. Fr. (Dr) Wence Madu CMF. This MoU is aimed at fostering academic cooperation between the two institutions, including exchange of staff and students, collaborative academic programmes leveraging online learning, research and much more.
In an interview with the Rector, the tireless maverick said that ‘IMOPOLY is now is now commanding respect from well-respected academic institutions in Europe and America and this is a testament to the hard work and sacrifice of the members of staff of the Polytechnic’. He further explained that this MoU will pave a way for our youth to benefit from the same quality of education that is being offered by Albany State University in the United States of America. He lamented on the decline of our educational system in the past years but expressed his optimism that IMOPOLY is certainly turning things around.
Dr Donald Mbamah, who is leading this collaboration also expressed his delight at what he considered the ‘the beginning of great things’ for Imo State and Nigeria at large.
Further details of this MoU will be outlined in subsequent publication.
- Imopoly Magazine
- Admission News
- Imopoly Radio
- No More Troubles! Oguzie Assures Imo Poly